Monday, February 10, 2014

Interface changes for adding/upgrading towers

So I was kind of unhappy with the interface of adding/upgrading towers, and I wanted to change it. First of all, you couldn't really see what the range of the tower was or how many upgrades it had or what it's damage was. So I added a feature where you can select towers, which does these things. It shows the attack radius of the tower, the towers stats appear in the upper right corner, and it shows upgrade paths. Every tower has three upgrade paths, a red, green, and a blue upgrade path. Taking an upgrade path is basically like combining your current tower with a red, green, or blue tower (depending on which path you take). I think it's good progress in the right direction, although I feel like I could make it more clear somehow.

The other big thing I did was add path indicators for enemies. Right now triangle appear pointing in the direction the enemy will take. This could be more clear too, but again I think it's a step in the right direction.

Here's a video detailing everything I just said!


No comments:

Post a Comment